Micromax Canvas Turbo A250 Specifications
In The Box
User Guide, SIM Tray Pin, Warranty Card, Headset, USB Cable, Charger, Handset, Battery
Canvas Turbo A250
12.7 cm (5 inch)
1920 x 1080 Pixels
Other Display Features
Intuitive Gesture Control, Vivid Display, IPS Display, Continuous Grain Silicon Screen, NM2 Wide Angle Technology
Android Jelly Bean 4.2.1
MediaTek MT 6589T
Primary Clock Speed
GSM - 850, 900, 1800, 1900; UMTS - 2100
Phone Book Memory
Call Log Memory
Primary Camera Available
13MP Rear Camera
Primary Camera Features
Auto Focus, Flash Support, Zoom Level: 5, Brightness Level: 5, Multi-shot, Night Mode, Photo CLI, Camera Sensor Setting, 360 Deg Panorama Capture, Object Eraser
Secondary Camera Available
5MP Front Camera
Secondary Camera Features
Full Hd Recording
Video Recording Resolution
1920 x 1080
GPRS, 3G, EDGE, Wi-Fi
42 Mbps HSDPA; 11 Mbps HSUPA
Android, Opera Mini
Micro Usb Port
Micro Usb Version
0.98 GB (For Apps Installation), 12.47 GB (For User Data)
Magnetic Sensor, Gyroscope Sensor, Light Sensor, Accelerometer, Proximity Sensor
Google, M! Live, M! Security, M! Unlock, Spuul, Hike, iFloat, Social Networking
Fm Radio Recording
MP3, WAV, MIDI
3GP, MP4, AVI (MJPEG)
SMS, MMS, Email, IM, Push Email
MP3, Midi, AAC, AMR, Wav
71 (H) x 128.3 (W) x 8.6 (D) mm
Multimedia & Entertainment
Music Player Yes, MP3, MIDI, AAC, AMR, WAV Video Player Yes, 3GP, MP4, AVI (MPEG) FM Radio Yes Games Yes Messaging Yes MMS Yes
Operating System Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) Processor Speed 1.5 GHz Processor Type Quad Core
Alert Types MP3 Loudspeaker Yes
: Wi-Fi Hotspot
: 7 hrs (2G)
: 105 hrs (2G)
: 1 Year
Audio: MP3, MIDI, AAC, AMR, WAVVideo: 3GP, MP4, AVI (MPEG)
Full Aluminum Body, Blow to unlock, Popup Video, & Popup browser, Multi video view, ifloat, Smart Gestures
Wireless Communication Technologies
Best Sellers Rank
#48,043 in Electronics (See top 100) #1070 in Electronics > Mobiles & Tablets > Smartphones & Basic Mobiles > Smartphones
MP3, WAV ringtones
Yes, Wi-Fi hotspot
Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A7
Up to 105 h
Contains Touchscreen, Capacitive
BOUGHT IT. USED IT. THE BEST
By Gam Naikon
What a phone? Just got the device. Simply superb in looks. Who all are complaining about 2000mAh battery, just dont speak before using the device. Everyone complained when Canvas 4 came with 1GB RAM. But my friend has it and played tons of apps simultaneously.NO lags. And this time also, they have optimized the battery. It LASTS AROUND 1 and Half day with medium to heavy usage. MMX Rocks and what a gem of a device. AND THOSE WHO ALL HAVE VOTED 1 STAR, BEWARE READERS, they are anti-MMX biased who just dont know what MMX has provided us for 19k. One person said he would go for S3. I moved on from S3 to Canvas TURBO. AWESOME.
Nice phone, but wow factor missing...
By Cipriano Dsouzaon
ok, this is my first android, I was using Lumia 610 before this, finding android complex, may be just need getting use to it, I am sure people here would want to know the cons more than the pro so I start with cons and will tell you the pro's then,
1. If your screen is locked and you end a call, you cant unlock it immediately at the end of the call, there is a lag of 10 seconds or so, this is if the phone is on the blow or shake to unlock mode, most irritating thing I found.
2. Heats up with games like, wheres my water and temple run, not sure what category of games they come under. I was very surprised with this.
3. Hangs often when playing games and apps shut down unexpectedly, happened so many times, had to delete few apps, not sure if app issue or phone issue.
4. Blow or shake to unlock works just about ok, as I have experienced having to blow multiple times and shake seems to not work, 8 out of 10 times.
5. Benchmarking puts the phone in the middle, did not see any close competitors in price around it, so this phone must be better then them.
6. Charging the phone takes ages, even after close to 2 hrs, it was just 88% done, from 99% to 100% just takes forever.
Now for the Pros -
1. Extremely sleek and light for a 200 mAhmp battery phone.
2. No fingerprints on the back, does not slip and feels extremely comfortable in hand.
3. The camera pics have amazing clarity, even the front cam takes excellent pics.
5. the quality of accessories is awesome, flat cables for data/charging cable and the headphones, they are also in ear type. Not used the headphones so cant say about the quality.
6. Speaker phone quality is decent.
7. The touch is very smooth and I did not see any lag.
That's it! I expected this phone to make me go wow as this is my first smart phone and I had spent days reviewing other phones in the same price range but it did not happen, however this phone appealed to me more than any other and I am pretty confident I did not make the wrong choice, at its price, I seriously doubt any other phone could match up to it.
I took a long time to write this review after buying so that I can familiarise myself with it and write a detailed review. Here are the pros and cons starting with the latter.
- Battery life is OK,nearly as good as other samsung devices under 20K but not very good.With wifi/bluetooth/data on, it barely lasts for 6 hrs.Without these on,it surely lasts about a day and a half.
- Not so customizable.Number of homescreens fixed,apps are not rearrangable,few file/folder options.A little getting used to might help.(Did in my case)
- No expandable memory.16 GB internal memory should suffice in most cases but expandable memory would have been better for huge file transfer.
BTW, battery and expandable memory issues are lost with the Micromax MMX 440W. I intend to buy one if necessary.
- Insanely fast,never hangs(till now),awesome multi-tasking device,even if you have a lot of apps running in background, the performance never drops.
- Very sleek and thin,comfortable in pocket,one hand use similar to other 5 inch mobiles but two hand use is better.No panel opening in the back.Two microsims inserted from side like in iphone.
- Very good display,no lag in touch,charges very fast,smart gestures are awesome,blow and shake work just fine,great music clarity and videos are simply superb.
-App data more than 0.98GB,the mobile gives an option to move downloaded apps to internal sd card memory and so the app data is not limited.No need of ApptoSd.Micromax should have mentioned this.
-Great price.20K and all this is awesome.People who say this is overpriced,you must be joking...
- ifloat aids multitasking very well,popup browser and videoplayer inbuilt are very useful during simultaneous reading/listening and noting down. I can go more but don't want to give too many spoilers for buyers.
All in all, an awesome device by micromax, a perfect one for multitaskers, slightly redundant for light users(one's wish).Best phone in its segment and lets wait for the next micromax bang. Regards to flipkart for an insanely quick delivery.
huge disappointment !!!!!!!!!!!!!
By PARTH CHAUDHARYon
Guys don't buy this product its not worth.... don't get fooled by its cheap price and unnecessary features...... 1) its touch is not very receptive
2) phone gets heated a lot while playing games
3) despite of having 2 gb ram and 1.5 ghz quad core processor there is a time lag between shuffling of apps
4) blow to unlock is k... just k.... shake to unlock is not very receptive.....phone hangs at time
why did i buy this.... if i were to write 3 mistake of my life , this would be my first mistake...... don't get fooled by features of this cell more then half of them don't work.......... I am writing this review on 27th feb , cell was delivered to me on 26th feb just a day old cell is this bad , i wonder what will it be in future........
WS RETAIL , seller of this phone on flip kart is good ... this is my second cell from W/S retail ....
Micromax Canvas Turbo Hanged...
I simply capture the photo and shared on Watts App and Phone gets Hanged....as It has non removable battery ...I do not know what is the solutions...
By ANISH SIROon
Nit genuine product
Just great product to buy.... think this guys i am commenting almost after buying and using this phone for over 2years now
Internal memory for apps is only 1 GB which is too less.
Purchased this phone 5 months ago and i am pleased by the performance of this phone. Even though it is not the best, but it handles almost everything. There is a slight hint of lag a few times, but other than that, the phone doesn't hang up and doesn't slow down much. Storage space for app installation is low, and battery is very low, but for normal usage and gaming, it is excellent. It managed to run GTA San Andreas, FIFA 14 and Asphalt 8, all at once and the phone handled it very nicely, even though it heated up quiet a bit. The sound quality is great, even though it is not so loud. The camera disappoints a little as there is too much grain, but for normal daylight photography, it is amazing. It is a really nice phone, and has a lot of good specs to boast about, and definitely worth a try.
Nice phone, but wow factor missing...
By DEEPAK GOYALon
30 Oct 2013Nice phone, but wow factor missing...ok, this is my first android, I was using Lumia 610 before this, finding android complex, may be just need getting use to it, I am sure people here would want to know the cons more than the pro so I start with cons and will tell you the pro's then,Cons -1. If your screen is locked and you end a call, you cant unlock it immediately at the end of the call, there is a lag of 10 seconds or so, this is if the phone is on the blow or shake to unlock mode, most irritating thing I found.2. Heats up with games like, wheres my water and temple run, not sure what category of games they come under. I was very surprised with this.3. Hangs often when playing games and apps shut down unexpectedly, happened so many times, had to delete few apps, not sure if app issue or phone issue.4. Blow or shake to unlock works just about ok, as I have experienced having to blow multiple times and shake seems to not work, 8 out of 10 times.5. Benchmarking puts the phone in the middle, did not see any close competitors in price around it, so this phone must be better then them.6. Charging the phone takes ages, even after close to 2 hrs, it was just 88% done, from 99% to 100% just takes forever.Now for the Pros -1. Extremely sleek and light for a 200 mAhmp battery phone.2. No fingerprints on the back, does not slip and feels extremely comfortable in hand.3. The camera pics have amazing clarity, even the front cam takes excellent pics.5. the quality of accessories is awesome, flat cables for data/charging cable and the headphones, they are also in ear type. Not used the headphones so cant say about the quality.6. Speaker phone quality is decent.7. The touch is very smooth and I did not see any lag.That's it! I expected this phone to make me go wow as this is my first smart phone and I had spent days reviewing other phones in the same price range but it did not happen, however this phone appealed to me more than any other and I am pretty confident I did not make the wrong choice, at its price, I seriously doubt any other phone could match up to it.
By RAJESH Ron
Product is very good minus its battery back up...i did read about its poor battery back however i did not imagine to to be so poor. I can make out the popularity of brand from the price dive every day for canvas i bought it at 15.5k last month and its 13.7k...so its a good buy minus battery..NOV /2014 almost an year after my purchase...i strongly dislike this brand ...had 3 major repairs at a MMX service centre and 2 minor one's..that's a huge strike rate for a new phone...present status is no display and technician is on leave at MMX service centre....so Canvas turbo ...Less Said The Better
amazon rocks.. micromax sucks
By Alina angleon
I got this phone from amazon last year( exactly a year back). Very quick delivery, packaging was excellent and COD option made it all the more convenient. Amazon has never disappointed me and lets hope it never does in future too. Love shopping from this site.This phone worked excellent for the first 3-4 months. Then i started facing battery issues- gets only 99%charged max. and also drains in an hr or so. Oh wait! Within 15 mins from 99%charge it gets to 9%charge. So i changed the battery. Now its working okay. Still not so happy with the battery life. Have to always roam with a portable power bank which is such a hassle.Also after a month or so my phone started heating up every time I charged it or used it continuously for more than 10-15 mins- And it still does.Now Coming to the storage capacity-Its crap! Apps just don't move to internal SD card. They still eat up your phone memory. And with every app's updates it is such a trouble. Currently i have just whatsapp, outlook and instagram. Due to insufficient memory I had to delete skype, candy crush, facebook, twitter, hike and picsart (one by one).I'm done with micromax. Saving every penny to buy an iPhone.
and default useless micromax Apps takes approx 60% of the little space
Don't know why the available space for apps is restricted to 1GB, and default useless micromax Apps takes approx 60% of the little space,So you are left with very little space, which always run out when Google apps are updated, if you want to install a small app you have to frist go and make space for it and then Install it.Camera is bad, anyways I expected that.Processor is good.Hardware is also good except the internal storage partitioned issue and very bad camera
i was in search of a high configeration phone for the last three months .All i could do the listings pricing and the qualitymicromax turbo was the first option that i opted for . And then i revolved around 5 to 6 p[hones and finally confirmed to Turbo 250 Prosexcellent display featured ( full HD ) which is not seen in this price range . U may have to pay additional 1000-2000 for the full HD displayexcellent camera with auto recognisation features . even though i considered an 8 Mp cam like HTC the option i got in the micromax was good when you comapre the rest factors ( in HTC front cam VGA and In Xperia c VG cam ) .2 GB ram for high end games .nominal battery back up ( upto 12 hrs in my case as i am a full time phone maniac ) and good voice clarityConscolour and look must be improved .seems bulky .hanging some times