6 months usage review updated + Marshmallow Update
By Aneesh Satheendranon
Got marshmallow update for my On7, around 800MB, Seriously am loving this phone more now,everything is smooth and fine.
I was using a galaxy core i8262 and decided for a small upgrade as its more than 2 years old now,So went with this one.
I was looking for a phone with a min of 2gb ram. Lots of options are available like the K3 Note, Xiomi Mi,Zenphone etc but the main thing which is important to me was the availability of service centers in my city,thats why i went with samsung.
Came to see on5 in flipkart at an offer price of 8990/-. upon reading its reviews and comparison with on7. i came to know that on7 got better CPU than on5, though both has only 1.5gb ram,i dont use much apps on phone,just some basic apps like fb,whatsapp,imo, shareit,cam scanner,instagram etc so i thought the 1.5gb ram wont be an issue for me. I dont game on mobile,so no comments on gaming.Again i strongly suggest you to get a 2gb ram phone if you do gaming.
Looks: Coming to the phone,Its looks boxy,rechangle in shape which i like very much, it depents on personal taste and i like this shape very much. back panel is plastic just like my old phone so it doesnt matter for me.
Screen: is a 720P TFT Display which also felt very good ,has good colors and very good touch response.
Internal Memory : Available free memory is only 4.29GB,again as i said before wont be an issue for me as my application installation wont exceed more than 2gb. also bought a samsung class 10 32GB memory card,which is giving 23MB/s write speed and 70MB/s read speed as per sd benchmarking app.
Interface: UI is lag free,no lags noticed while normal use,app installation and all.
Camera: Both front cam and rear cam is very good for the price,both supports 1080p video recording.front cam also have a 120 degree selfie mode which is really good. beauty face feature is also available. The rear cam is a bit protruded so make sure to get a good case otherwise you will end up with a scratched cam lens.
Battery: is a 3000mah battery,charged for 6hrs and after that i turned on wifi and started installing all my fav apps on the phone,made calls,clicked photos still 50% remaining when it completed one day of use. am really happy with battery performance.Overnight battery usage is just 1-2%, from 11pm to morning 7am.
RAM: the main thing everyone is worried about, after installing all apps ( about 2gb) still free ram is 550MB before clearing ram and after cleaning,more than 700MB is available for use.even after opening all apps like fb,messenger etc,still got 300mb ram free. which is very impressive,i guess lollipop is doing very good ram management.
OTG: This phone supports OTG too, but only FAT file system i think because when i connected my NTFS formated pen drive,it said unsupported file system.
Call Quality: Call quality was the main thing i was worried about this phone as i could not find a review here, Call quality of this phone is very good and clear voice, call quality was poor when i used a friends k3 note. only thing i felt was ,the call speaker is so loud than someone standing near can hear whats the other guy is telling us. again which can be solved by reducing the volume i guess.
Loudspeaker: Loudspeaker is average i guess, Core was also having very low sound, This one is much better than core.its ok,nothing to worry on it. Still samsung is nowhere near lenovo phone loud speakers.
Heating: The phone doesnt heats up, Just a small warmth only when kept in hands for a ling time,dont know whether its because of the climate here, No other heating,Didnt tried gaming,No heating during calls too,Phone remained cool even after on call for 30mins.
Size and Weight: Phone feels bit heavy at 172gms and 5.5" is bit big too. But i have big hands so no problem for me even for single handed use. 5.5" screen and big keypad made typing easier for me.
After 6 months:
No heating issues, never hanged or restarted, never reset till date and everything is fine and error free. Very good battery backup, camera isnt that great during low light conditions, but very good on sunny days and under good lighting. Front cam is very good. No signal problems, works fine with 4g too. Internal memory is less, only 2gb is free for me, if its a problem for you.otherwise no worries.no software issues. No battery drainibg issues, still overnight drain is just 1%, max 2% in 10hours. Display colours isnt that vibrant as amoled displays like j7, still happy with a good budget device from samsung.
Awesome phone at 11K!
By Shashi Shekar B.S.on
I ordered this phone on 4-Nov & was delivered by Flipkart on 5-Nov. 5 stars for Flipkart & WS Retail for delivering on time.
Coming to the phone:
I backed up all data from my previous phone & transferred to On7 smoothly without any hitch. Was using a 32GB SD card.
CPU/ GPU: Snapdragon 410 works like a charm. No drag, lag or frame drops what-so-ever after using few high end games.
Also, 1.2GHz Quad core along with placement of SoC makes thermal impact very minimal. So, heating is minimized to a large extent.
Full 5 stars for the design.
Memory: 1.5GB RAM ensures that high end games can also be played with ease (still need to try with Asphalt8 to see how the device handles this game). But a 2GB would have been desirable.
8GB ROM looks less (cant complain much looking at the price range). I had a 32GB external card, so moving most installed Apps to SD card helped. If you are a heavy WhatsApp user, internal memory fills up faster.
3.5 stars for memory config.
Display: 5.5' screen with 720P display is a treat. But TFT screen compared to AMOLED makes it little dull. Still OK.
4 stars for display.
Camera: 13MP Front & 5MP rear -- Picture quality is OK.
4 stars for camera.
- Haven't tested 4G download (& combined download) yet.
- Battery backup (3000 mAh) has been OK till now with heavy App downloads on WiFi & continuous game play. I expect the battery to last atleast a day for a heavy user.
Some people have complained of low audio issue on J5 & J7. I haven't noticed anything of that sort after having calls on both speaker & earphone. The audio quality has been good as of now.
Memory: Could have been better with 2GB RAM/ 16GB ROM combination.
Display: AMOLED would have been desirable.
Full 5 stars for Samsung & the phone. If you are looking for a budget phone with high end features, this has to be it. Completely recommended.
Excellent phone, Super fast and good screen
By Vinod Kuwaron
I was looking to buy new phone for my wife and this is the best thing I did.She is super happy and me too :)
Here is product review.
1) Price, yes you get really value for money deal.
2) Excellent build quality
3) Light weight compare to other bulky motorola, asus etc
4) Slim (8.2mm) thick compare to other bulky motorola, asus etc.
5) 5.5' inch LCD/TFT Full HD screen with 271ppi which is quite good, actually its really good you wont notice a difference at all.
6)3000mAh monster battery, well it will give you around 2 days of normal usage.
7) CPU/ GPU: Snapdragon 410. No drag, lag or frame drops what-so-ever after using few high end games like Asphalt 8. 1.2GHz Quad core along with placement of SoC makes thermal impact very minimal. So, heating is minimized to a large extent. No heating issue at all. Super fast processor.
8) Excellent design and Gold color is really nice specially for girls. It gives rich look like 30-40k price level phone. Back cover feels and looks like leather, even though its just plastic cover.
9) RAM 1.5 is well enough to give you lag free experience. Using from few days no lag or restart or anything pure joy :)
10) 13 + 5MP camera capture great pics in details.
11) Excellent Radio reception
12) Android OS, v5.1 (Lollipop)
13) Excellent GPS signal. It catch signal inside house too, which normally other phone doesn't.
14) Dual sim and both sim slot supports 4G.
15) Excellent audio quality on call and normal song play.
16) Last but not least about Samsung, Brand value yes no other phone(except iphone) can beat samsung in brand value. I sold 3 years old Samsung Grand 1 phone for 6k on olx within 1 day. Compare to lenovo who took almost 3 month to sold at 4k price.
1) 8GB (4.5GB usable) is quite less as this phone doesnt give you option to install all apps directly on SD card but you can move few apps. They should have atleast given option to install apps directly on sd card like my old grand phone had.
I would say just click on buy now button and enjoy this master piece at this low price. Awesome phone.
Thanks for flipkart to deliver it before time. Specially they did delivery on Sunday, good work.