Audio Technica ATH-M20x Over-the-ear Headphones Specifications
On the Ear
Headphone, 6.3 mm Snap-on Adapter
Collapsible for Space-saving Portability, contours Around the Ears for Excellent Sound Isolation in Loud Environments, Designed to Excel for Studio Tracking, Mixing and Field Recording, Tuned for Enhanced Detail, with Excellent Mid-range Definition, Advanced Build Quality and Engineering, Rare Earth Magnets and Copper-clad Aluminium Wire Voice Coils, Convenient Single-side Cable Exit
Headphone Driver Units
Straight, Left-side Exit
Maximum Power Input
Minimum Frequency Response
Maximum Frequency Response
Other Sound Features
Tuned for Enhanced Low-frequency Performance, Sound Isolation
Weight Without Cord
Jack Diameter (In Mm)
1 year manufacturer warranty
7 Days Replacement Policy - This item is eligible for a free replacement, within 7 days of delivery, in an unlikely event of the item delivered being wrong or physically damaged. Please keep the item in its original condition with manufacturer packaging, accessories, price tags, user manual, warranty card and other accompaniments for a successful return pick up. For any device-related issue, please contact the seller (details as mentioned on the invoice) or brand authorized service center directly. Cancellation allowed.
In The Box
Great Headphones. But don't buy if you are into bass only.
By Vishal Devon
These headphones are the best thing you can get under 3.5 k. These sound as accurate as possible. Neither bass heavy neither treble, perfectly balanced.
Buy if you want to enjoy clear music.
Cable is tooo long.
awesome mishandling or i shud say fortunate handling by flip
By Pavitam chuckson
I ordered m20x nd got m50x instead....feeling insanely lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Perfect for Home Use
By Abhay Raoon
It's been three days, and I think I've burnt these headphones in nicely. They do sound great right out of the box - but there's a little more body to the sound now.
They're obviously not as mindblowingly awesome as the M50xs - however, do bear in mind that these are priced between a third and a quarter of them. The M20x does not provide the same flat sound - there's a little emphasis on the low end (which is not unpleasant), but the clarity is nonetheless great. Personally, for general use, I'd think that these are possibly the best headphones I've used (have used Marshall Majors, Bose IE2s, and Sennheiser HD201s in the past for context). Perhaps not convincingly ahead in terms of sound - can't be sure just yet - but these are incredibly comfortable (I also have a pretty large head, which makes their comfort even more noteworthy).
People may have concerns that the 47 ohm impedance means that you can't use this on your smartphone. Using a midrange android (the Asus Zenfone 5), I do have to crank the volume up a bit, but the maximum is definitely satisfactory - it's pretty loud!
The sound barely leaks, so you can use these at work. You may get strange looks for using enormous headphones with a three metre cable, however. It's pretty easy to bundle up the (sturdy and thick) cable in a rubber band should that need arise.
Don't be a moron and buy these for jogging or such.
If you want pretty flat, mostly unbiased and clear sound, and a comfortable set of headphones that you can wear for hours, look no further.
Awesome clarity of sound
By Shweta Jainon
First compliment to flipkart for delivering it in just one day (of course I had to pay for it, but that amount was worth it).
The headphone is an excellent piece in terms of its build quality and sound clarity. I already own and have used extensively Sennheiser HD201 and HD202 II models. I was looking for an upgrade which I did to my expectations.
The headphones are much louder when used with both PC and my iPod shuffle (as compared to HD201). My main purpose for choosing this product was music mixing and monitoring, and they do excellent job there. Every detail is reproduced as it should be, be it in any frequency range. Bass is crisp, not too boomy, mids and highs are crystal clear with no feel whatsoever of any part being attenuated. Yes, in almost every second song I heard, which I used to hear with HD201, I could find some of other place which was unheard before. The soundstage of these cans is much better than both the sennheiser cans.
The ear cups are large and even big ears fit in very comfortably (as compared to HD202 ||, which is said to be over the ear, but is not so comfortable for long use).
In out-of-home conditions, if it is bit hot, then I found bit of sweating in ears after use of half an hour or so, but in cold of AC/fan, these were extremely comfortable with no heat inside. I used them for 3 hrs at a stretch, multiple times, with no sign of discomfort on my head.
These perform great in cancelling the external sounds. Although very minimal yet there is some sound leakage from these headphones, which can be heard if I record my vocals using a good quality mic. But this leakage is not at all disturbing or annoying.
In summary, :
Build quality : Very good
Comfort for long usage : Very good
Sound Clarity : Very good
Sound stage : Good
Noise cancellation : Good
Sound Leakage: Good
So overall this is the best in its class producing true sound which any sound mixing/mastering engineer can rely upon.
Edit: After using it for more than 7 months, I am extremely satisfied with what I get in this headphone. Very durable (dropped many times but still in same shape, no marks what so ever), extremely crisp, clear and true sound for any kind of music/voice/audio, great for everyday as well as mixing/mastering usage (I use it for both purposes!), light weight and very comfortable for long usage (I use it for hours at a stretch at office for casual listening), passive noise cancellation works great (in my office it becomes quite noisy at times, due to peers discussing somethings. I wearing this headphone, sometimes don't even realize if someone is around). I also use to for travel listening with my iPod/Mobile phone, it sounds great!! Overall extremely value for money.
By Saurabh Mishraon
Very good quality headphones.
1. The sound quality is very good.
2. Clarity in all types of sounds is very good.
3. Bass is perfect for all types of songs. But it is still low so that u can get music clarity. Purchase poweramp from playstore and u will be amazed at how well the bass becomes. If u think bass is low which Infact is... Poweramp will solve the problem very efficiently. U can try poweramp free for 14 days.
4. Flat sound does not mean that there is no bass in these headphones. Bass is perfect and it does not need any adjustments.
5. There is an improvement in sound quality and bass when you burn these headphones for 3 or 4 days. Burning means playing music for considerable time.
6. People say that you diacover many new sounds in the songs you have listened to for years. It is actually hard to notice such a thing but yes clarity in sounds is good. You will have to concentrate a lot to discover new sounds.
7. Cable is long but very soft and after some time it's not a problem as you get used to it.
8. I have purchased them for indoor use and they are perfect.
9. Ear cups are very soft. I won't accept it if anyone says that they are hard.
10. Headphones put very little clamping pressure on your head. I was surprised by such a low clamping pressure. After using them for 2 weeks I don't even feel they are over my head.
11. Ears fit completely inside the cups and are very comfortable.
12. Very little heat is generated in the ear cups since they completely cover the ear. You can feel the warmth but it is not uncomfortable.
13. They are sold as monitor headphones but they are perfect for music of all genres.
14. All sorts of phones power them perfectly. Even 1500 to 2000 rs Nokia and Samsung phones power them up perfectly and sound is more loud than required.
15. I have never used such comfortable headphones and I am greatly satisfied.
16. Size is bigger than other headphones but it looks sophisticated and premium.
17. You can hang them around your neck with no problem.
18. Since size is large and cord is long it will be a little troublesome to use them outdoors. I recommend them for home use.
19. Packaging is good. Box is quite big.
20. Headphones are extremely flexible.
PS: I am not a music producer or mixer, I have purchased them for day to day listening of music, movies etc. They do the job perfectly. They are very good headphones for enjoying music.
I am very happy with the comfort they provide. Many have said that bass is low, no its not low its pretty good, improves with use and perfectly balanced.
You should definitely buy them for music or movies.
If you liked the review give it a thumbs up.
Thank you for reading.
Not comfortable at all
Although sound quality is average, these are not at all comfortable to wear even for 5 minutes
Very good product
By Ujjwal Lakraon
Very nice products, good clear sound with deep bass. Value for money.
Satisfied with the headphone, best one so far.
Moment of Clarity for my ears!!!!
This was my first studio headphones and honestly I've to say these are really good.
If you haven't used studio headphones earlier then this could be worth checking and if you have than you know better than me. Sound is clear specially I liked the mids.....I wish there could be a little more bass and a little less highs which sometimes irritates on high levels in some tracks.....still its worth checking. It took a week to deliver which is not fast.....Snapdeal should make their services faster.
I have used it.The product is good.But it would be wonderful if you use the product with headphone amp or a phone with good sound card.Then you will get the real sound of this headphone.The wire is really wrong.
A great disappointing that you dont get a carry pouch for headphone.
Overall a good product!Go for it you wont regret